I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by realitydecoded.blog Thank you so much!!!
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD RULES:
•Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites.
•Answer their 11 questions.
•Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
•Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
•List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or on your post.
Questions Realitydecoded asked me:
1. Do you think mankind can one-day end rape?
Gosh! Straight in with a controversial question! I wish I could answer yes but I doubt it.
2. Which is more valuable to the world, its children or their parents?
It depends how you define what’s valuable. Arguably these two groups have an impact on each other and one increases the value of the other.
3. Do you think we should end cash and replace it with digital currency?
I don’t know enough about the mechanics of either to have an opinion.
4. What is more satisfying, love or lust?
Hmm. Well, lust gives a higher high but fades faster. Love – if nurtured – endures and provides longer term satisfaction.
5. If you could only keep one, which would it be – sports or libraries?
Funny you should ask as our local library faces the threat of closure right now. I’d love to keep both sports and libraries but if I had to pick, I’d keep sports. We’re becoming such an inactive nation already, if we lost sports, heaven help us! As libraries now offer e-books, we’d still have access to great reads even if we lose the libraries themselves. (Though I have to say, I’d miss actual books. They are one of life’s great pleasures)
6. Would a body cam on every human on Earth make the world a better place?
No. We’re too biased towards focusing on the negative. We’d end up using that information to freak ourselves out and judge each other.
7. Is it right for a person to love a pet more than they love themselves?
I’d probably say it’s none of my business. I think one of the greatest problems we experience in society stems from our desire to comment about what other people do and whether we feel it’s right or not.
8. Do you think the human race should merge with computers?
I think there’s a deeper question here. What is it to be human and what parts of humanity are the most important to protect? Merging with computers could potentially make us stronger, more logical, faster and more efficient but what would we give up and would we be left with something we’d still call human – and would that matter?
9. Would you rather know who killed Kennedy or what is in Area 51?
What’s in Area 51.
10. Which is money doing more; helping or hurting the human race?
I don’t think it’s money helping or hurting. It’s people and their perceptions of money that do both. I find it paradoxical that those who have very little seem to build stronger communities and make greater efforts to share while those who have more seem more isolated, less connected and less likely to share (of course, I realise I’m basing this on the very small sample size that comes from my life experience and I could be completely wrong).
11. What’s deadlier, terrorism or McDonalds?
That’s actually more difficult to answer than I thought. The short answer is I don’t know.
The long answer is…My first instinct was “definitely McDonalds”. But I think we’d have to work backwards to answer this. If we had no more terrorists, how much would our death toll reduce? In 2017, terrorism claimed the lives of 18 753 people worldwide. So no terrorists = 18 753 people survive. If we remove every McDonald franchise on the planet, how many deaths would have been prevented in 2017? I don’t know. Although there were of 710 000 deaths due to heart disease in the US alone, how many of those deaths can be attributed to McDonalds alone? Probably 0. But it’s likely their food played a part.
My Questions for those I nominate
- What is your favourite holiday destination?
- If you could instantly learn a language, which one would you pick?
- How will society change when humans have a life expectancy of up to 1000 years?
- What is the most difficult thing about being an adult?
- Why did you become a blogger?
- Do you know what your core values are?
- If you had to give up chocolate, cake or alcohol forever, which would you pick?
- Are the brain and the mind the same thing?
- What’s the best invention not yet invented?
- If you were an animal, which animal would you be?
- How much of a contribution to parents make to their children’s confidence?